In 1990s several controversies emerged about the management of this company which was the beginning of its takeover by the Wadia Group. Yet it has a huge market share and is profitable. Britannia Industries Limited is India based food Industry, this company is a part of the Wadia Group and Nusli Wadia is the chairman. Britannia got founded in 1892 and its headquarter is in Kolkata, India. It is one of the India’s oldest existing companies and is popular for its biscuit products. The company retails its Britannia brand and Tiger brand of breads, biscuits and dairy products all over India and in the world.
Annual Production capacity of the company’s factories are 433,000 tonnes. Approx 10% of Britannia revenue comes from Dairy products. The company was established around 1892 with the help of a group of British businessmen and mere investment of Rs 295. At the beginning Biscuits were manufactured in central Kolkata. Later the enterprise was owned by Gupta brothers. Sales of the Company grew at a compound annual rate of 16% and operating profits reached 18% that too against the market sentiment between 1998 and 2001 .
Britannia Franchise biscuit Products: Good Day, Treat, Nice Time and Little Hearts, Bourbon, Tiger, Nutrichoice, VitaMarieGold etc.
Eligibility for Britannia Franchise
- Age – Applicant must be of 21 years minimum.
- Qualification – Applicant should have minimum qualification 12th for Urban and 10th for Rural.
- Required land – Applicant must have spaces for Distributor Outlet and warehouse.
- Experience – Engagement in FMCG sector.
Investment – Min. 10lac for Rural and Min. 15-20lac for Urban Areas.
Requirements for Franchise
- Britannia Franchise Computer system setup with compatibility of Britannia IT Solution software.
- Britannia Franchise Vehicle for the delivery of Company products.
- CCTV camera for security and surveillance.
- Sales team of approx. 5-6 person and Sales Manager.
- Power backup for the working hours.
Required Documents to take Britannia Franchise
- Email ID, Phone Number, Colour Photograph
- Personal ID proof: Voter card, Pan Card, Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof: Electricity Bill or Ration card
- Bank account details for concerned business
- GST Registration No
- Municipal area trade licence
- Property documents
- FSSAI License